Career Opportunity – Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited headquartered in Sydney, Australia is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25 year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) to join our Blairmore maintenance team. Reporting to the Senior Manager Maintenance, the Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) is responsible for a broad range of project maintenance activities, including but not limited to, the development and implementation of Operational Readiness activities, asset management strategies, and maintenance projects associated with initial ramp-up of this greenfield project.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be part of a team that ensures assets, people and systems are ready for project execution, ramp-up and ongoing operation.
• Plan, schedule, co-ordinate and execute Operational Readiness activities through project phases from feasibility study through project execution.
• Provide comprehensive progress reporting on Operational Readiness activities.
• Assist in the development of asset maintenance strategies, maintenance procedures, work instructions, standards, and processes using lean methodology principles.
• Provide technical maintenance support, engineering and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
• Provide maintainability and operability design input to maintenance and the project team to ensure assets, components, and systems can be maintained as efficiently as possible.
• Provide technical support to maintenance teams to support quality precision maintenance on assets.
• Support execution team and planning teams to establish good cost-effective maintenance practices with well-defined repair techniques, principles and procedures to enable timely repairs to assets.
• Lead management of change process within the maintenance team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 2-4 years of progressive experience in project engineering roles
• Previous exposure to Operational Readiness from project study through to implementation would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of maintenance software package (CMMS - Computerized Maintenance Management System)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to influence, engage with & communicate effectively across multiple levels, business units and functional areas
• Inclusive team player that is proactive, self-driven and accountable
• Confident to coach, lead and initiate change
• Capable of self-directed work, as well as group collaboration
• Demonstrated “Safe working behaviours”
• Able to think outside the box and implement industry best practices
• Strong analytical, risk management and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of reliability principles and lean methodology
• Able to make clear recommendations with solid justifications
• Strong presentation skills
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.